The Players Theatre Company began in 1967 as The Little Theatre of Conroe and produced shows on the Conroe High School stage and then in a former plumbing supply store at the corner of Galveston and Robertson Streets. In 1979 the group helped to clean and restore The Crighton Theatre where we operated for nearly 30 years as The Crighton Players. In 2008 we moved into our current residence at The Owen Theatre.
The Owen Theatre is an intimate soft seat venue that seats approximately 250 people and is home to The Players Theatre Company. This building was originally built in 1946 as the Weisinger Pontiac/GMC Dealership. It is owned by the City of Conroe and has been renovated to accomodate the production and presentation of live theatrical performances.